Diabetes can be really tough on your feet even dangerous. Diabetes can cause nerve damage in the body’s extremities, causing a diabetic to lose feeling in their feet. Even the smallest of cuts, stepping on a thorn, or even a blister can result in a dangerous situation. With blood flow to the extremities lessened due to diabetes, any type of foot injury or laceration can quickly result in a very hard to heal situation.
A podiatrist is a doctor that treats foot and ankle traumas. If you have diabetes and suspect that you need diabetic foot care, call Diagnostic Foot Specialists today. We have 5 podiatrist offices in Houston and offices in College Station and The Woodlands as well. Call today!
Patients with diabetes may require specialized treatment to ensure the health of their feet. At Diagnostic Foot Specialists, our Houston podiatrists offer a full lineup of treatment options that include specially designed footwear that provide extra protection for diabetic patients. These shoes can reduce swelling and inflammation while creating a protective barrier around delicate tissue, preventing injuries and ensuring the greatest degree of mobility for patients. Understanding the benefits of specialized footwear can help you avoid some of the most serious complications of diabetes.
Benefits of Protective Footwear
Shoes designed specifically by your The Woodlands podiatrist to provide support for patients with diabetes can deliver a number of key benefits:
- Greater protection against impacts and shocks sustained during regular activities
- Accommodations for Houston bunion patients and others with abnormalities in the shape of the foot
- Improved stability for joints and muscles to prevent stress injuries to feet and ankles
- Limited side-to-side motion of feet while walking or running
- Protection for feet after surgical procedures and ulcer treatments
- Reduced fatigue and increased support during athletic activities and fitness regimens
These features can help to protect your feet and ankles while delivering greater comfort and sure footing when managing your daily routine. By entrusting the health of your feet to the professionals at Diagnostic Foot Specialists, you can enjoy the benefits of customized treatment for your feet and your diabetic condition.
Types of Support Footwear for Diabetic Patients
From custom-made shoes to orthotic inserts, the options available for patients with diabetes are constantly expanding. Some of the most commonly used footwear options include the following:
- Shoes with shock-absorbing soles and insoles to reduce stress on delicate bones, joints and tissues
- Stabilizing shoes that prevent a range of motion to lower the chance of stress fractures and other injuries
- Inserts, insoles and orthotic devices designed to correct a specific issue with the way in which the foot addresses the ground
- Ankle braces to provide added support when walking
- Custom shoes that use advanced modeling techniques to create a perfect mold of the patient’s foot and to provide the most effective protection for patients with bunions and other foot deformities
At Diagnostic Foot Specialists, we can provide the footwear needed to address Houston foot pain issues for patients with diabetes, allowing you to enjoy greater mobility and increased protection for your feet.
Custom footwear can deliver the best possible protection for patients with diabetes and can reduce the risk of injuries and complications that could affect mobility. The foot doctors at Diagnostic Foot Specialists can provide you with the most effective shoes and orthotic inserts for your medical conditions. This can allow you to keep up with your daily activities in greater comfort and without the risks associated with foot and ankle injuries. Give us a call and set up an appointment with a skilled Houston podiatrist today.